From the summer of 2017 to the end of 2019, Goshawk partnered with the YMCA – an organisation who support young people in Dublin’s inner city. As part of this partnership, Goshawk raised money by competing in sports events and through our CSR Matching scheme. The money raised went to a number of YMCA initiatives such as:
- Through different CSR staff fundraising initiatives, we were able to buy the YMCA a bus used for their Youth Work activities.
- Refurbishing the YMCA youth space
- Employing a staff member to run the Youth Café, and invaluable safe space for vulnerable young people under 25
- Recruiting and training volunteer mentors for the Plus One Mentoring Programme, which mentorship to young people aged 11–15 years who may be at risk from moving into the youth justice system or facing expulsion from school
- Giving a schoolbag full of stationary and goodies to all the young graduates of the YMCA’s daycare as they went on to primary school
- Sending members of the Dublin YMCA management team to a global YMCA conference in Boston
As part of our partnership, Goshawk volunteers worked with the YMCA’s Support Training and Enterprise Programme (STEP). As part of this, volunteers worked with STEP participants by mentoring and coaching them for interviews, in preparation for the next move into employment.