Reporting to: Financial Controller
Description of role and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be exposed to all areas of the finance function within Goshawk with specific attention to the following:
- Group Consolidation
- Preparation of Management Information and Analysis.
- Responsibility for the financial control for a suite of aircraft owning entities.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, analysis & reporting for Goshawk group companies.
- Co-ordination of statutory financial statements for certain Goshawk group companies.
- Liaison with the external and internal audit teams throughout the year.
- Work with 3rd party service providers in the delivery of Financial statements & audit of SPC entities.
- Work with external advisors where necessary to provide technical accounting papers & advice to the business.
- Provide technical accounting support, guidance & training to members of the finance team.
- Participation in deal teams, with responsibility for providing technical accounting input on aircraft acquisitions, sales, lease extensions and other deals.
Competencies & Experience:
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 3 years PQE experience, ideally having trained in a large accounting practice.
- Excellent academic record.
- Experience of working through complex accounting issues.
- Strong IFRS GAAP experience is required.
- Attention to detail and numerical ability.
- A positive team approach, capable of working on own initiative.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proactive attitude, problem solver.
- Previous experience in Sunsystems, IT2 or Leasepoint an advantage but not a prerequisite.
- Financial Controller & other finance team members
- The successful candidate will need have direct involvement with all teams in the organisation – Legal, Technical, Commercial and Corporate Finance Support, Treasury, Tax, Corporate Finance, Contracts Management, Credit